Teaching Resources and Links
Welcome to The Farm to School Healthy Choice Fundraiser. In addition to being a great, profitable fundraiser for your school and daycare centre, this program also provides numerous teaching opportunities. While students are talking about and selling fresh, local veggies to family and friends, why not also educate them about:
Whether preschool, elementary, junior or senior high school, we're confident this fundraiser could be tied to many interesting discussions and learning opportunities for your students.
Celebrate World Food Day October 16th by creating Soup Day in your classroom!
2. Veggie Jokes --Short Version
4. Capture the "carrot" (aka capture the flag)
6. Do you know your food groups? Match foods the the Canada's Food Guide food groups.
7. Corny Fruit and Vegetable Jokes --Long Version
9. Grocery list relay...grab what's on your list and don't forget the veggies!
10. Plant veggies or herbs indoors and watch them grow!
Click the cover of "A Resource for Educators and Communicators" to view PDF.